In Lin Castor (which you need to double-click twice to fully open for editing): on handle_url(args) if (|URL| of args starts with "https://mail.google.") then tell application "Google Chrome" open location |URL| of args end tell else if (|URL| of args starts with " then tell application "Firefox" open location |URL| of args end tell else tell application "Safari" open location |URL| of args end tell end return 1 end Obviously you should customize the code to suite your own specific needs.You can validate the script right in Lin Castor before saving/activating it.We respect its storied history, and value the contributions of its many readers, but we can no longer support it at the level it deserves.
Phrases like 'Call my wife' or 'Tell my dad' stopped working.
Siri knew who those people were but proclaimed 'Uh oh, I don't have a phone number for Jane Isa Doe." and beneath, there's a message: "Content Not Available." I debugged this for over an hour and on a hunch, found a workaround that seems to work for nearly everyone who has tried it.
I had tried a ton of suggested fixes for the issue before stumbling upon this work around. In it, I link to the Apple discussion forums at the bottom, where people have been saying that this workaround fixes the issue for them.
[crarko adds: I find I already don't have middle names in any of my Contacts, so I've not seen this.
The first thing is that you have to do some configuring of both Java and Safari to get the applet to run at all.
Once that was all done, I could log in from all my Macs, fire up the applet and establish a secure connection. I made sure that the Safari and Java preferences were set the same on each machine but still no joy.
I'd be curious to know from Mac OSXHints users whether they are experiencing this problem in the first place and if the workaround works for you, too.
I'd also like to understand why this works and why the problem even exists.
That's why I call it a workaround instead of a fix.