The houses are all clustered along the single street that runs through the village from west to east.
The name Bulkington means ' Bulca's farm'.
The war memorial has been added on the top of the base.
The early history of Bulkington shows that there were numerous manorial holdings.
They are both built of rendered timber-framing, one with a tiled roof and the other thatched.
Until the Second World War the main source of employment in Bulkington was farming.
Keevil remained in the Hicks family until 1911 when the property was broken up and sold as lots.
Another of Bulkington's manors can trace its history back to Peter of Bulkington in 1313.Bulkington stayed in the hands of this family until 1919, when it was sold by J. The present church at Bulkington, Christ Church, was built in 1860 to the design of Thomas Cundy. Andrew was granted by the Crown to Andrew Palmer and others. A glance at the Poulshot baptism and burial registers shows many references to Bulkington. It is therefore safe to assume that Bulkington families attended church at either Keevil or Poulshot between c.15.It consists of a chancel, nave and western bellcot with one bell. A Wesleyan Methodist chapel was built at Bulkington in 1816.This subject is covered in detail in the Victoria County History of Wiltshire volume 8, under the history of Keevil.Most of these smaller manors had merged into Keevil by 1630 when Keevil manor was held by the Lambert family. In 1790 it was held by the only surviving daughter who married Michael Hicks.When these 261, which are modern civil parishes, are completed we will begin work on a further 180 villages and hamlets to provide comprehensive coverage of Wiltshire communities large and small.