Demarest, a Senator from Bergen County in 1860-62 and Assemblyman in 1855-56. A Bergen County post office by this name existed by 1871.
borough organized March 28, 1894 (referendum March 27, 1894) replacing Boiling Springs Township. East Rutherford was established as a Branch Post Office of the Rutherford Post Office on 1 October 1926 and became an Independent Branch in March 1931. Edgewater Post Office - The Edgewater Post Office was established 21 January 1879 with John A. Other early Edgewater Postmasters included Munson G. On September 24, 1957 Emerson Borough exchanged portions with Westwood Borough. Wyman Jones filed a map of "Englewood" in the Bergen County Clerk's Office. General Information - Englewood Cliffs is about 1.9 sq. By the late 1800s the area was "Fairlawn," but later the Post Office split the name into two words, "Fair Lawn." In 1933 the borough's official spelling was changed to Fair Lawn Borough. Early Fairview postmasters included David Mc Donald (), William H. On March 22, 1871 Hackensack Township was divided into Ridgefield, Englewood, and Palisades Townships.
Its name was changed, in March 1895, to Edgewater; it was incorporated as Edgewater Borough on November 8, 1899 by resolution of Council. On April 26, 1939 part of its area went to Paramus Borough. The vicinity had been known by this name from at least August 15, 1859, when J. Englewood Cliffs today receives its mail through the Englewood Post Office (the Englewood Cliffs Branch Zip Code is 07632). From the 1600s to as late as 1791 the locality that became Fair Lawn was known as Slaughterdam or Slooterdam. General Information - In 1909 Fair Lawn was a station on the Erie Railroad. The post office had earlier been named English Neighborhood. On February 21, 1798 Hackensack Township was incorporated.
He had lived with the Ackerman family in Allendale for a time while he worked in the area. The Skunk Hollow Cemetery is a small African-American church cemetery located in Alpine in Palisades Interstate Park, near the New York State line and Route 9W. Population: 1909-300; 1918-448; 1940-626; 1980-1,549; 1990-1,716. Hunter (appointed ), George Breisacher (), Alfred Christie (), and John G. In 1641 the Achter Col Colony, extending northward from Newark Bay toward Tappan, N. Today Bogota receives mail through the Hackensack Post Office (Bogota Branch, with a Zip Code of 07603). The place was named in honor of the organizer of the settlement, Dr. Carlstadt village was formed March 12, 1860 within Lodi Township. Other early Cresskill Postmasters included Charles E.
borough organized and incorporated November 10, 1894 (referendum November 8, 1894) from area taken from Orvil, Hohokus, and Franklin Townships. It was named for the station established here on the Ramapo & Paterson Railroad (later Erie main line; now Conrail), which had been named for Joseph Warner Allen, the enginer who had surveyed the route of the railroad. Among the family names represented here are Crum, Gecox, Pearsall, Tavinere, Van Sciver, and Ver Valen. Bergenfield Post Office -- The Bergenfield Post Office was established with John Z. Other early Bergenfield Postmasters included Charles B. General Information -- A station in 1918 on the West Shore Railroad and the New York, Ontario and Western Railroad (one station used by both lines). In 1895, part of its area went to Teaneck Township, and on May 3, 1921 part of its area went to Overpeck Township. A Rural Bogota Station of Hackensack was established May 1916 and was discontinued 1923. Population: 1909-800; 1918-3,000; 1940-7,346; 1980-8,344; 1990-7,824. The vicinity probably was known by the name of Carlstadt from 1851 when The German Democratic Land Association bought the site. Cresskill Post Office - Cresskill Post Office was established 30 January 1863 with Henry Ferdon as the first Postmaster.
In 1904 Alpine acquired area from Cresskill Borough. The Blackledge-Kearney House, built about 1750 and restored to reflect three significant periods in area history, is located in Alpine in the Palisades Interstate Park. The area was known as Schraalenburgh until the railroad named a station located in present Dumont "Schraalenburgh." A new name was therefore needed when a station was built to the south and the railroad printed a time table designating the station Bergen Fields. Cooper) ran a sawmill and chair factory at the head of Cooper's Pond and George Wolfkill, a celebrated slip-ware potter, probably had his pottery here ("G. Population: 1909-1,500; 1940-2,603; 1980-8,164; 1990-8,094. In 1904 a portion of its area transferred to Alpine Borough.
borough April 8, 1903 from area taken from Harrington Township. Named for the watercress that grew in abundance in the stream here. borough incorporated May 11, 1894 (referendum May 8, 1894), from area taken from Palisades Township. Byrnes (5 June 1923), Inez Greene (), and William R. Today Carlstadt receives its mail through the Rutherford Post Office (Carlstadt Branch, Zip Code 07072). Population: 1909-3.500; 1918-5,000; 1940-5,644; 1980-6,166; 1990-5,510. Cliffside Park Postal Service - On 30 September 1931 the name of the Cliffside Post Office was changed to Cliffside Park Post Office. Closter Borough was formed April 1903 (incorporated 1 January 1904) from land taken from Harrington Township. General Information - In 1909 Carlstadt was a station on the Erie Railroad (in 1918, the New Jersey and New York Railroad, Erie System). At one time, some areas of Cliifside Park received their mail through the Hudson Heights Post Office (Township of North Bergen, Hudson County, NJ). General Information - Cliffside Park is about 1 sq. Population: 1940-16,892; 1970-18,891; 1980-21,464; 1990-20,393. A vicinity, called Closter, originally a large area of undefined boundaries, existed from 1723 or earlier. In 1904 a part of Closter's area was transferred to Harrington Park Borough. General Information - In 1909 a station on the Northrn Railroad of New Jersey (Erie System).2 sq. Population: 1909-700; 1940-2,246; 1980-7,609; 1990-7,558.